CPA is operated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants that is actually the world’s largest accounting body. You must know that every country has its accounting body, India has the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India), Australia has the Australian CPA, Canada has the Canadian CPA, and so on. Summing up that every country has its own CPA body. Now, many wonders why international students prefer the US CPA (Certified Public Accountant), well there is much reason why, either they wish to shift to the USA or they want to go overseas in the US MNC or strive to earn higher salary and designation in their field.
What can one do after pursuing CA?
For those who are planning to grow with their CA qualification or are pursuing CA but wish to upgrade to international jobs, choosing US CPA will be an ideal choice. You can choose US CPA Course in India . US CPA, as you must know offers global eligibility to work across the globe. To sum up, you can work as a professional for top-notch companies, or any auditing company- such firms prefer who is a US CPA in comparison to people who are only an accountant. You need to know that the basic eligibility need for US CPA is they require at least 150 accounting credits in academics. For those who are planning to pursue that, you must know that it is equivalent to almost 16-years of education.
What are the eligibility criteria for CPA?
For one to attempt the US CPA examination, it is important to have one of the qualification that are listed below:
- Member of the ICAI
- Member of the ICWAI
- Member of the Company Secretaries in India
- Master of Commerce
- B.Com graduates pursuing masters
US CPA exam percentage
The most daunting part of writing an exam is not the part where you have to study but the application process. Application for the CPA exam is quite different from the process of applying for the CPA license. You need to clear the CPA exam with atleast the score of 75 to become eligible for a CPA license. Once you assess the minimum eligibility criteria for the jurisdiction you wish for, you need to pay for the application as well as examination fees.
Many believe that CPA Examination is difficult, it is just a myth.
Below listed are some of the top tips for one planning for the US CPA examination…
- Study thoroughly and read through the textbook properly, read and do make your own notes. Also, don’t get carried away, it is important for one to make crisp summaries that will help you remember the topic.
- You must note down all the new points you find when solving the MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and TBS (Task-Based Simulation). At times, it helps one a lot, also consider watching skill master videos and whatnot.
- When practicing, revise as much as you can, and attempt mock tests to experience the exam-like feeling.
- Also, before you hit the bed, prefer going through every page to ensure that you remember all the points. You can make or use ‘flashcards’ for revision.
- You need to have an authentic partner to help you check your study progress.
Connect with the companies that offer US CPA examinations. There are many that help you pursue such a course and will even help you understand your eligibility for CPA Course in India.