Every accounting professional wants to grow their career and become the best in their field. USA CMA is the global qualification that not only advances the accounting career but also attracts opportunities in many countries, such as America, Canada, China, Middle-East countries, and more. Let’s understand the CMA and its eligibility criteria.
US CMA Certification
The Institute of Management Accounts (IMA) is a reputed association of accounts and financial professionals. IMA offers the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) to advance the career of accounting students or professionals. The certification provides global exposure to candidates who pass the CMA exam.
Eligibility Criteria For US CMA Certification In India
If candidates want to pursue the certification and join US CMA coaching in India, they must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must hold an active membership with IMA.
- Candidates must fulfill these educational requirements.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 in India.
- They should have a bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a reputed institute..
- If candidates are pursuing graduation, they are also eligible for the CMA USA online coaching and the certification.
- Candidates should also fulfill these experience requirements.
- Candidates require a minimum of two years’ work experience in management accounting or financial management.
- Candidates having work experience of 20 hours per week are also eligible.
- Candidates may have the same experience but in different forms. Therefore, they are eligible for US CMA certification if they perform the following tasks.
- Preparing financial statements
- Internal or external auditing
- Budget preparation and reporting
- Management of general ledger or balance sheets
- Financial forecasting
- Candidates must fulfill these experience requirements and get verified within seven years of clearing the CMA exam.
- Candidates must clear the CMA exam, which evaluates their financial planning, accounting, and business knowledge.
- Candidates must obey the IMA’s ethical professional practice.
Overview Of The CMA Exam
The CMA exam occurs three times every year with a two-month test window – January/February, May/June, and September/October. The exam is divided into two parts. The first part covers financial reporting, planning, performance, and analytics. The second part consists of strategic financial planning and management. Both the parts of the computer-based CMA exam will have 100 MCQs and two essays which they need to complete in 4 hours and 30 minutes, respectively.
Further, candidates can choose any part and appear for it. However, they must clear the selected part to appear for another part. If candidates cannot clear the exam, they must re-register and reappear for the CMA exam.
Get The Best CMA USA Online Coaching From AKPIS Professionals
AKPIS Professionals is a leading training provider for various accounting certification courses, including US CMA, US CPA, CA, CIA, ACCA, etc. We provide not only classroom training but also CMA USA online coaching. Connect with us to learn more about the course and the CMA exam.